Bayside School came into being in 1972 when it was decided to implement the comprehensive system of education in Gibraltar which replaced the tripartite one. Four separate schools were merged to create the sole secondary school for boys between the ages of 12 and 18. These were St Jago’s Secondary Modern, Our Lady of Lourdes Secondary Modern, The Gibraltar and Dockyard Technical School and The Gibraltar Grammar School. But it was not until 1974 that all the students were housed in the one building on the present site at Bayside.
Around 1000 students, 65 teachers and 18 ancillary staff make up the school community The school occupies a large building and as a result of the extensive refurbishment carried out between 1989 and 1991 we enjoy a pleasant, safe and well-provided school.